Pages

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Natural Air Freshner !


 Hi everyone.

I know I know that I have not been very regular here. A lot of things have been happening on the personal front. So, Its just a matter of few days, and I'l be a full time blogger.
Talking about the today's DIY, I am all up for nice fragrances. And when its completely natural free of chemicals/toxic substances, then its an icing on the cake.

Here, the 2 ingredients that I am talking about are the Baking soda and the Essential oil of your choice.
You do not have to spend too much to make your environment smell good. Just a mixture of these 2 things would do.
Let us start with the tutorial.

THINGS YOU'LL NEED :

  • A glass jar
  • 1/4 cup Baking Soda
  • Essential Oil (Since I am more into citrus scents, I am using an orange one)
  • Food color(Optional)
  • Foil paper
  • Disposable Spoon
  • Toothpick
DIRECTIONS :
  • Fill the jar with 1/4 cup of baking soda. Put in 8-10 drops of essential oil depending on your choice of how strong the fragrance you want. Add in a teaspoon of food color. Mix the concoction properly with the spoon.



  • Now, cut a piece of foil paper and cover the top of the jar. Poke some holes on it with a toothpick.



Place it anywhere you like. This freshner would help you get rid of any unwanted smell by emitting a light scent. Give it a shake every 2-3 days for that extra scent. You might need to replace the mixture every month. Try it out with different essential oils. You'll love it.

Thanks for reading.
Priya :)


2 comments:

  1. woow that is simple to do :D I am definitely going to try it :D

    kisses
    http://planetbeauties.com

    ReplyDelete