Pages

Monday 25 August 2014

Paper Patchwork Notepad cover. !


Hi everyone.

I am back again with another fun and interesting DIY.

I have always been fond of reading and writing. I believe that just makes me feel stress-free and happy. So, the other day, I realized that I was running out of my favorite "Hallmark" diary pages. And there popped up the idea of making my own customized diary rather than spending on one. 
The diary cover actually turned out to be so awesome that I could not stop making some more of them.
So, lets get started with the tutorial.

THINGS YOU'LL NEED :
  • A notepad/ Diary/ Notebook/ Register (Anything that you'd like to transform)
  • Pretty patterned papers/ cut-outs from magazines/photographs (Again it could be anything of your choice)
  • Strong glue (like E-6000)
  • A black point-tip marker

DIRECTIONS :
  •  Cut the patterned paper in different shapes according to the size of the diary and start arranging those pieces leaving a little space between them as is shown in the picture below. Paste them carefully.
  • Take the black marker and start drawing the lines on the edges of the paper pieces close to each other. It will look like as if they are sewn, creating a look of a patch.

  • And you're done. I also made one with the glitter papers. Simply cut the equal sized stripes and paste them horizontally or vertically as you like.

The possibilities are endless. You can make with some different shapes as well. I believe that these kind of thoughtful handmade gifts are more adored than the expensive ones you buy for your loved ones. Do make some for your family and friends.
Be creative.

Thanks.

Priya :)








No comments:

Post a Comment