Pages

Sunday 28 September 2014

Polymer Clay Dishes. !

Hi everyone.

You know what I am loving these days? Its the Polymer Clay.
It kind of makes me nostalgic and brings me back to my childhood. When I was a kid, I and my brother used to love clay modeling. We used to own a Modeling Clay kit which included different colors of clay and the various molds and tools to work with. Those were the simple pleasures of life.*sigh*

Anyway, Today's tutorial is based on my love for clay art. I am totally fanatic about cute things. I just love to spruce up my room with my cute creations. As I was surfing on Pinterest, I stumbled upon the the tutorial on clay dishes. And I definitely had to make some on my own.

So, Lets play with clay. :)

THINGS YOU'LL NEED :


  • Oven bake clay(Like Premo/Sculpey clay)
  • A roller to flatten the clay
  • An oven safe bowl for shaping and baking
  • Circle cutter(Like a Jar's cap)
  • Mod Podge
  • Paint Brush


DIRECTIONS :


  • Soften some clay between your hands until it is soft enough to work with. Shape it in a ball.

  • Place the ball on a butter paper and start rolling the clay with the roller to get a uniform thickness. Now, take a cutter and flip it over the rolled clay and trim it down.


  • Take an oven safe bowl and set your clay in it carefully to get that desired bowl shape.


  • Bake it according to the desired directions on your clay pack. Every brand and formula is different from another, so make sure that you check the instructions on your clay pack. And this is how they turned out to be. 


I tried to beautify them a little more by painting one with acrylic colors and the other with glitter.
Make sure to seal them off with a coat of Mod Podge.
Don't they look adorable?

Thanks for reading.
Priya :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment